The Federal Communications Commission and the Oklahoma Corporation Commission have established two programs to make basic telephone service or basic broadband service more affordable to eligible customers. Lifeline Service is a program designed to make basic telephone service or basic broadband service available at reduced rates to eligible residential customers. Customer’s eligibility to receive the discount must be renewed annually. Link-Up is a program designed to offer eligible residential customers a reduction in installation charges for telephone or broadband service.
To be eligible for Enhanced Lifeline you must live on former tribal land and participate in at least one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nurtrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Medical Assistance (Medicaid/SoonerCare)
- Tribal Head Start Programs (only applicant or customer who satisfy the income qualifying eligibility provision)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor’s Pension
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) tribally-administered block grant programs
- Food Distribution Program or Indian Reservation (FDPIR); OR,
- If household income is at or less than 135% of the federal poverty level (Customer must provide sufficient proof of income as set forth in 47 CFR §54.400(f))
If you qualify, you can download and print the LifeLine/Link Up form, then call or visit our office for assistance in filling it out. Forms are also available in the Grand Telephone company business office at 226 S 4th Street, Jay, OK, telephone number 918.253.4231.
What Universal Services are available to all customers? Universal Services are offered to all customers of Grand Telephone Company, Inc. Universal Services available include:
- Voice grade access to the public switched network
- Local usage
- Dual tone multi-frequency signaling or its functional equivalent
- Single-party service or its functional equivalent
- Access to emergency services
- Access to operator services
- Access to interexchange services
- Access to directory assistance
- Toll limitation for qualifying low-income consumers Unlimited local calling is $18.00 for residential service and $19.35 for businesses.
Grand Telephone Company, Inc.
Stop by our office
226 South 4th Street
Jay, Oklahoma 74346
Give us a call
Monday – Friday
8:00 A.M. – Noon
1:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.